Round 1 – Spain
- This legendary artist produced an estimated 50,000 works, including over 1,200 sculptures.
- Antoni Gaudi designed Parc Güell on the site of failed housing development in the hills of this seaside city.
- This museum complex in the center of Madrid was founded as a museum of paintings and sculptures in 1819.
- This 3,718m volcano dominates the island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
- A variety of small dishes and snacks were originally offered by bartenders to increase the sales of wine.
Round 2 – Oceans
- This third-largest ocean is home to the militarised island Diego Garcia.
- The deepest point in this ocean is Molloy Hole in the Fram Strait, which is about 5,500m deep.
- This animal is the largest to have existed on Earth and none have ever been in captivity.
- Western Europe is warmer than other similar northern latitudes due to this warm Atlantic Ocean current.
- An underwater canyon makes the waves at this popular surfing destination enormous.
Round 3 – Topic 3
- This 57km (35-mile) tunnel is the longest and deepest and runs under the Swiss Alps.
- Gran Paradiso National Park in Aosta Valley, Italy was created to protect this nearly extinct animal.
- This highest mountain in Europe has twin peaks over 5600m each.
- There are more than 14,500 of these which are entirely underwater and some rise to a level of 2m from the surface of the ocean.
- This is the tallest peak on Earth that is not off-limits to climbers that remains still unclimbed as of 2020.
Round 4 – Airplanes
- In 1942 Hughes Aircraft built this huge flying boat for the US military, but it only flew once for 26 seconds.
- The Bell X-1 rocket-powered plane first broke this aviation barrier in 1947.
- This two-level airplane is designed to carry 853 passengers.
- The average round-trip ticket price on this supersonic airplane was $12,000.
- Flight data recorders are known by this name, which is a misnomer as they are bright red.
Round 5 – Gambling
- This 2008 movie tells the true story of a team of university students that use card counting to win big at blackjack.
- The last card to be dealt in a game of Texas Hold ‘Em is known like this.
- This poker hand is comprised of three of a kind and a pair.
- Rolling double ones in Craps is called what?
- A One-Armed Bandit refers to this popular gambling device.